Add to Cart. FPO fee applies. Buy now. Pay later.
The Aunt's Story
Interest Free. Specifications details Binding Paperback. The Third Party Seller is responsible for the sale and dealing with any claims or any other issue arising out of or in connection with the product. Flaws in the Glass The Night the Prowler Categories : Australian novels Novels by Patrick White s novel stubs. Hidden categories: All stub articles.
Review: The Aunt’s Story – Fire & Sacrifice
Namespaces Article Talk. Views Read Edit View history.
- Vie de Jean Rossignol, vainqueur de la Bastille (Le Temps retrouvé) (French Edition)!
- Locations where this product is available?
- Wohnungseigentum: So erwerben, schützen, verwalten Sie Ihr Eigentum (German Edition)?
The Aunt's Story is Theodora Goodman's story. The novel begins with the death of her mother, finally freeing Theodora, who had long been caring for her.
– an occasional blog with a bookish inclination –
Theodora's life contrasts with that of her sister, Fanny, who is married and has some children. All Theodora has managed is to be a spinster -- and an aunt: This thing a spinster, she sometimes mused, considering her set mouth; this thing a spinster which, at best, becomes that institution an aunt. She isn't entirely unhappy with being an aunt.
She loves her niece Lou, in particular, dearly, and she sees that she is an important figure to the girl, providing something her parents can't.
Still, Theodora decides to take advantage of her new-found freedom, to go abroad. Before continuing in the present, however, White has her revisit the past, describing her childhood and how she came to be who she is.
IN THIS PROGRAM
Fanny is the more beloved of the girls. The domineering mother is always pleased by the plain and simple Fanny, while Theodora is too complicated for her to truly embrace.
- Bon Voyage! Ten Top Tips to Travel Safely Overseas.
- Revisiting Patrick White: The Aunt’s Story | Reid on Writing.
- The Man Who Became A Hat!
- Reid on Writing?
- Write a Review;
Theodora is more ambitious. She is odd.
Tag: the Aunt’s Story
She is a crack shot something that ties her to her father, a man who also couldn't quite succeed. She is a seeker, and has ambition. To wrap it up and put it in a box.
This is the property of Theodora Goodman. But until this time, things floated out of reach. She put out her hand, they bobbed and were gone.
- The Poetry Of Robert Browning (TREDITION CLASSICS).
- Science and Invention - Hands Create Radio Music!
- Chopsticks Culture: Your Photo Guide to Exploring Chinese Cuisine?
- Book Club: The Aunt’s Story by Patrick White.
She listened to the voices that murmured the other side of the wall. Theodora is near a tree hit by lightning -- "but I survived", she says.